Worth Mentioning

There are a lot of things that I haven't had the time to sit down and record. I will start telling you about them now. It'll take me some time though so there will likely be several installments of Worth Mentioning.

Where to begin...

1. Well, a couple days ago when Cheruby and I took a wrong turn at Glaslyn and ended up in Meadow Lake rather than Turtleford, we decided to skip Edmonton for the night and just go straight to the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. Then just after Lac La Biche, we took another wrong turn which only cost us about 20 minutes. And these two events along with the 4 or 5 pit stops along the way, meant that we got to see a lynx on the side of the road - slinking like cats do into the ditch. It was awesome. I want one. It made Cheruby and I really miss our kiddenzes.

2. Cheruby found his dream writer's retreat out at Drang's family home by a lake. It's wonderful. I knew he would absolutely love it. I think the best compromise is to build something similar out at our lake near my hometown. Unless he sells a script and then there's no telling what he'll do. [grin]

3. GenCon! Oh my goodness!! I should really devote an entire post to GenCon. I was so overwhelmed for two days that I didn't buy anything and I barely played any games. We went to the Video Games Live concert which was a lot of fun. And I loved dressing up in my costume. And I loved being able to make Cheruby so happy that he tells me that he has just had the best day of his life. AWESOME!!



4. Camping at Namekus Lake is always a treat. I had to bring work, but it was worth the trip. Our first night there, we had the pleasure of a light show put on by the neighbourhood fireflies. They were wonderful and magical. I feel like I should remember having seen them before, but I don't have any specific memories. And now I have this one and it was incredible.


Well, I guess that's enough for now. Tune in next time for more Adventures of Sparkling Suz. [grin]

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments