Tumultuous Times

Okay, maybe I just wanted say tumultuous, but there is some upheaval of lives going on around me. Enough that it started to upset my delicate (HA!) internal sense of balance. My angel helped me by listening to me and getting into discussions with me about upsetting things and still kissing me goodnight and telling me he loves me.

So in the end, I figured out that yep, I'm happy. I'm not just pretending because I want to be happy and have a good life. I'm truly happy. Things are good for me.

I've been having a lot of fun lately. Mage is turning out to be really fantastic. I get so exhausted after the game from being so high energy and poor Cheruby pretty much needs to explode after not laughing or cracking a smile for an entire evening. We don't mesh well coming out of those characters. Cheruby is especially funny when he thinks that his in character actions will affect people's opinions out of character. Well, if the person is any sort of respectable at role-playing, there won't be a problem and if there is a problem, the line between reality and fantasy for that person is likely a little more blurred than it should be. He'll start to get to know these folks in real life and it'll help.

Low Life was great fun. I'm playing talkin' werm. I don't shut up - EVER. It's hard to believe, really. It's giving me a really good giggle. Now, if only I can figure out how to be that talky in the Mage game. I'm on in the Mage game, but I have an agenda which happens to be comprehensive. Low Life is just about keeping going.

Took some alone time this week which helped with the above confirmation that yes, I am happy. The second last D&D game in Saskatoon with Kaz was this week. I am saddened by this. After next week, it'll be April when we play again and it'll be in Edmonton. Crazy business that - people moving Away.

My angel and I went to Taverna for supper yesterday. They really do make one of the finest alfredo sauces I've ever had the pleasure of tasting.

The lunch and short visit we had today was really good, but too short. I felt like I could have talked the afternoon away today with her. And she's right, we both are in such a different place than we were 10 years ago. The lessons we've learned and loves and pains and joys and sadnesses we've experienced. I'm sure the best really is yet to come. For me, being 30 means knowing more about who I am and what makes me happy and knowing that I deserve that without it being selfish.

I talked to my big brat a few times on the phone since he's been with my folks in Nipawin. There are few things greater than hearing my cat start to purr at the sound of my voice and hear him nuzzling the phone because he misses me too.

posted under |

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my, I'd forgotten the alfredo sauce at Taverna. That is the best Italian restaurant in Western Canada, I think. Their veal piccata... mmmMMmmm....

Now I'm going to have to eat my lunch and it's only 10:00.

Oh, and I'm glad you're happy.

neuba said...

"For me, being 30 means knowing more about who I am and what makes me happy and knowing that I deserve that without it being selfish."

I concur. Although I still struggle with the latter part from time to time. It is hard not to think one is selfish when your actions/thoughts/behaviours hurt others. I realize that it is important to be true to oneself, and recognize that only I can make me truely happy, and that we only live once and it is important to pursue those things that make use truely happy. But at what cost to others? How do you weigh and measure this?

Such difficult things we adults have to deal with. Sometimes I wish I was 10 again.

Unknown said...

I was just toodling along your page when something looked... wrong. So I looked and looked until I found it; I think that your profile says that you are in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, California. (CA) Unless CA is an abbreviation for Canada that I don't know.

Just pickin' nits.

Can't wait 'till Sunday for more Low Life!

Unknown said...

Glad you're having fun with Low Life! I know the author, Andy Hopp, and I'll be sure to pass on how much fun you folks are having with it.

Suz said...

neuba, you're right. I guess a big part of what makes me happy is that the people around me are happy.

Drang, stop pickin' nits. Two character country codes list.

Thanks for passing on the good times, Randy. It's always nice to be able to have someone personally thanked for my fun and enjoyment.

Suz said...

Oh, and I'm totally looking forward to Lowlife on Sunday, too! [grin]

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments