Home for the Weekend

In this case, home is my folks place in Nipawin. I know it's been a long time since I went for a visit when my mom shows me pictures of a full and lush green lawn where I remember there being seed and a small smattering of green blades on black dirt.

I had intended on getting caught up on a few things of my own, like some of the necklaces I've been meaning to make and my books, but that didn't really happen. Almost all my waking time was spent at my parents' business. Mom's been trying to get her books caught up for a very long time and hasn't been having much luck. There are so many things to get sidetracked by that it's hard to stay focused. That's where I come in - I can keep her on task just like she does for me when I need it. And we have the same ideas when it comes to keeping books and how things need to be entered. That helps a lot. So we got through just over 3 months worth of data in one weekend while she hasn't been able to get through one whole month in just about that time. I'm so glad I was there to help.

And dad was good too - he was doing some jobs while mom and I worked on the books. We didn't really get to do much else besides share some meals and go to sleep. Sleep I did this weekend. I slept probably close to 14 hours on Friday night. I was obsessing about work a bit though because every time I woke up on Saturday morning, I was thinking about all the things that need to be done and how they need to be done and how I can't be afraid to say things that need to be said. I'm sure everything will be fine and while I'm finally feeling confident about my ability to do this job and feeling good about the things I'm accomplishing, I'm not perfect and still have quite a few mistakes yet to make. And you know, I'm okay with that.

And then I slept about 10 hours on Saturday night and didn't wake up thinking about work on Sunday. I was also quite shocked that it was 1 in the afternoon when I woke up. I had missed the whole morning. Since I didn't figure there was anything urgent waiting for me in Saskatoon, I thought I could stay late so I finally left Nipawin at about 9:30 which was a bit later than I had intended, but whatever. I wasn't in any hurry. [GRIN] I still managed to be in Saskatoon before midnight.

I test drove a car home this weekend. I don't think I'll buy it but it gave me a good idea of what I'm looking for in my next car. I learned that I need a car with power. [I'm hearing Tim Taylor in my head right now.] I met with a used car salesman and I liked him. He seems like a good guy. We went through what I'm looking for in a car and I think I'm going to have to spend a bit more than I was originally intending, but I know I'll be happier with the car I get. So I drove 3 different cars this weekend. A neon, which showed me that I need power in my car to be happy, an Alero, which had some power, but doesn't come in manual transmission so that wasn't great, and a Camry, which is a good car, but has a bunch of little things going wrong so I don't think it's a good fit for what I'm looking for.

I also discovered that my cell phone loses all signals just before Wakaw which is only 90 km out of the city.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments