Calgary Visit

I special ordered shoes yesterday from Shuz of Los Gatos. They are mostly like my hostess' sandals and I really, really, really hope they fit. I felt like singing to the angels when I tried hers on and they aren't even the right size for me. She has long skinny feet and I have short wide feet. I could still hear the angels in the distance. What I want to hear is angels right next to me when I try on my own pair in a couple of weeks.

Everything was packed, I got all the digital pics that everyone took so I'm all set for setting them up for viewing when I get home to Saskatoon. The airport held some exciting stores like the Discovery Channel store (remote control alligator) and SFMOMA (San Francisco Museum of Modern Art) Museum Store. Both had some pretty nifty stuff. I especially liked the Discovery Channel store. So many things I wanted and things for the kids (my neice and nephew).

We got row 2 on the side of the plane that starts with row 2 which meant we were the first ones off in Calgary to walk the long kilometre to the actual customs stations. Baggage was fairly quick and there were no delays after that happened. And we were out of there!

We went for supper and stayed in for the rest of the night which was nice. I stayed up until our host got home from work to give him a hug, but then I was down for the count.

Today I got to see Australia boy and the recent three-person family which I always enjoy. It was a great afternoon with Ab. I've missed him a lot.

Watched Life is Beautiful tonight. It made me very angry. The fiction part was beautiful, but I couldn't see it for the truth of what happened. There's no way they could've known how I would react. My host said it felt like he'd been punched in the gut and felt good about it because he felt the hope the story inspired that this man could do a funny march to his death to keep his child from being scared and keep him alive. I couldn't feel anything but the death of millions of people. There's a reason I don't watch the news or read newspapers. I can't handle all the death, destruction, and hate in the world. Maybe that makes me shallow and selfish, but everyone has to do what's necessary to stay sane. And so I keep my focus on my little world in Saskatoon (and work) and leave the rest to the people that can deal with it. That's why I vote. I think in a few days or weeks or months, I'll be glad to have watched it but right now, I'm not. I am glad at my outrage because I should be outraged at what happened. That will be some comfort when I think about it over the next while.

Tomorrow, breakfast with another friend and I get to see my family as they are back from a camping trip! YAY! I'm so looking forward to seeing them. And Friday, we get to go home.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments