We Made It!

Wow! My excitement level hasn't really come down yet.

My first trip through any sort of customs and border security was easy. And I was soooo worked up about it. I don't know what I was expecting - being chased down by angry guard dogs who could smell the Canadian Smarties in my bag maybe. At any rate, I didn't even have to turn on my laptop at security.

We got a tour of Cryptic Studios today which is where one of my friends works. What a cool office. The toy collections were incredibly cool. Of course, so was what they were programming.

There's lots and lots of palm trees here. I saw one in Vancouver earlier this year, but it was short and stubby. The ones here are like the ones on TV. And the people here have all been very nice so far. Even the one my friend ran over by walking backwards in this cool little supermarket called Trader Joe's where I bought some chocolate.

We had supper at a restaurant called Rock Bottom. The waiter was excellent. He explained the whole process to us and wasn't too annoying with checking in, but we were never wanting for anything. I'd totally recommend this restaurant to anyone based on this one experience. Well, I forgot to mention how amazing the food was. I'm starting to salivate just thinking about it. The appetizer tasted a bit too much like Cheez Whiz, but the entrees were truly incredible.

I think we've got our next couple days crammed full of stuff to do like our San Francisco city tour, a trip to the Monterey Aquarium, a trip to Muir Woods, and a little shopping.

The best part about today was the hugs from our friends. I've missed them.

posted under |

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Have lots o' fun Suz.

Carl said...

Welcome, hope you have a good visit. Palm trees are pretty cool, but I think most people don't take proper care of them. The better ones are in LA or San Diego.

Suz said...

I am having a fabulous time!

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments