Headed West

Even though the number of people heading to Edmonton this weekend went from a potential 5 to just me and Ril, we decided to go anyway. And Ril left yesterday with Neuba. I'm heading up tomorrow night on my own. I'll be working out of the Edmonton office for the remainder of the week. It's really quite convenient - only 7 blocks from where I'm staying.

Work today was fabulous which was surprising since I didn't really want to get out of bed this morning. I think there were several factors. The first is that I didn't just have carbs for breakfast. I forgot my oatmeal at home so I ended up eating my brick of cheese for breakfast. Then lunch was brought in and then I had a caffeinated beverage. Oh, and I got to say no a lot today and have people listen. I felt powerful today in that I was able to help my team and help my internal partners and help our clients - part of that help was in saying no to the things we couldn't reasonably do in the next two weeks. It was a good day.

We also got presents at work this morning for being named one of Canada's 50 Best Employers - electronic wine bottle openers. Makes me wish I drank more wine. It can open more than 30 bottles of wine without charging! Just imagine!

And I bought a bath sheet for Cheruby today because I felt selfish for having only one for me. Oooo... and a pretty bundt cake pan. And some little stuff at Michael's. Everybody needs more sprinkles - pink, purple and red. Wahoo!

Oh, and my pretty ring...

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments