Letter from the Hilton

So I got a letter today from the Vancouver Airport Hilton in response to my complaint. They apologized and thanked me for my feedback, but only hoped that I would return so they could show me real Hilton hospitality. Sorry, I'm not spending my money there so they can try again.

I didn't finish reading the book for the book club meeting tonight. After hearing about what I didn't get to, I was really glad that I didn't finish it. It was a short discussion about the book tonight and I was even late because I fell asleep trying to finish the book after getting home late because I had a chiropractor appointment and had to do some shopping for our company barbecue tomorrow night and then trying to drop that off didn't work very well because I had bad enough timing to show up during the five minutes that no one was home. [le sigh] Anyway, the discussion was short and no one actually said they liked the book. But that's what a book club is all about, right? Exploring the whole world of books, not just the ones you know you like. I guess that means that I should open myself up to true stories if someone wants to read one for the book club. I'll have to mention that at the next meeting. I really enjoy our discussions. And then I came home and added to much butter to the fudge so it's a lot softer than it should be.

I had some small triumphs at work today that really made my day. But now, I'm tired and need to sleep.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments