The Goddess of Heating Strikes Again

After my duct and furnace cleaning on Thursday, I awoke today to find it chillier than I would have liked in my bedroom and bathroom on the second floor. The main floor was a little better, but not much. The basement, however, was almost a sauna.

The duct cleaning company was fairly helpful in offering to call a heating place to come check it out and offered to pay for the repairs if it was deemed to be their fault, but I was still annoyed at the implication that it was a coincidence that the fan just happened to stop working the day they cleaned.

My dad is awesome and always receives a phone call from me before I call any repair company. I phoned him from home at lunch and we discussed the possibilities and after some instructions as to what I was looking for, we determined that it was likely a broken wire in the power connection. By wiggling the wires, I was able to generate a slight movement in the fan belt from the motor - 5 inches was the most movement I got, but that was good enough for me to truly believe that it was just a bad connection.

I certainly didn't have time to fix it at lunch so I had to do it after work. I was supposed to have a date after work. Unfortunately, a warm house comes first so I had to fix that first and hopefully, have time for my date afterward.

More advice from my dad came when I had no idea how to strip the large metal cable insulation on the copper wires. Luckily, he gave me a pair of siecutters when I moved in - they have been invaluable. After stripping back the wires and reattaching them to the leads came the moment of truth when I flip the breaker to see if the fan actually comes on. Big breath and ... VICTORY!

And still enough time to make the movie.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments