Tears of Joy

It's been one of those days and it's not even over yet!

I've had a great, exhausting day today. I had to do performance reviews with my staff all day. It's tough! My opinion matters a lot to my staff. There is always something people can do better, but they know better themselves what they need to improve upon. Anyway, there was no screaming from any of my staff about their reviews which was nice. However, one of my staff broke down in tears because she was so happy with the review. It's one thing to say it out loud, but to put it in writing and back it up with a good merit raise is another. She was extremely happy. She makes me glad I'm a manager - her manager.

So on the heels of that, I come out to my desk to find a candy bouquet on my desk. Two of my co-workers decided that they wanted to thank me for all I do around the office so they brought me a little surprise for the weekend. (I have to be at work a lot this weekend as we have a third party vendor working in our server room.) It was enough to bring to tears after my tiring day so I went and hugged them both.

And now I'm just waiting for a phone call from a friend of mine who I haven't spent time with for quite a while. I'll probably cry then too.

posted under |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to feel appreciated, and also to be able to let others know they are appreciated too, hey? Great for the immune system, I hear...!

Anonymous said...

....sooo....you got the candy bouquet *after* the performance reviews, then? What good does that do? I bring home-made doughnuts and cake on the days of my performance reviews. Sometimes I convince my boss to have the performance reviews at the pub, or at my house. They just get better as the night goes on.

"...as a matter of fact, shenobyte, you're freakin' AWESOME. No really, I (hic) mean it. That thing you did putting stuff over there? FABULOUS. Now lishen. That scotch isn't going to pour itself..."

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments