I Voted!

For as cranky as I am at most of the political parties and how poorly I think this race was run, I am still pleased at my right to vote. I am very pleased indeed.

Cheruby was so excited about voting that he couldn't even wait until I went; he voted this afternoon. And now, all that's left is waiting.

For the first time this year, I had to pause at the voting station to think. I really hadn't decided beforehand who I was going to vote for. I've been battling Cheruby's views and trying to keep my own priorities. He has very strong opinions on the subject of who should be running the country and province. We haven't yet experienced a mayoral campaign together so I'm not sure about that one.

And today when the moment of truth was upon me, I weighed Cheruby's arguments and opinions. I understand his point of view and I even agree in most cases. In the end, I am happy with my decision and the X I place on the ballot. It's a really good feeling. I am Canadian and proud of my country.

When the polls close at 8 o'clock tonight, Cheruby will be practicing with his Irish band with the election coverage on mute in the background. I might be doing the same thing only with Christmas music in the background instead. Or packing for our trip or doing any number of items on the pre-trip to do list that is stressing me out a little. We leave tomorrow.

Edit: One of the closest races of the election was in my riding. The NDP won here, but the election was won by Brad Wall and the Sask Party.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments