Long Weekends

I love long weekends. Especially the May long weekend. It seems that I never have plans to leave Saskatoon or anything. It's really great. I talked forever on the phone this weekend to friends and family. My roommate and I had a really good chat this weekend that we have to have once in a while. I'm inordinately pleased that he can say to my face that I'm annoying anal retentive about a lot of things. It's something I know and it helps me stay mostly sane. [grin]

Yesterday, I spent most of the day doing me things. Playing City of Heroes with my friends. Creating this blog and figuring out a good way to publish my pictures of Vancouver. I'll add more pictures later now that I've mastered the art of web album publishing. Doing things that I've meant to do for a while and just keep having other obligations come first. Oh yeah, and I caught up on some sleep that I missed last Monday night when all I got was a half hour nap in the evening. Tuesday sure was a long day.

Then today I got to help a friend celebrate his 28th birthday. It was a bit of a smaller gathering than I'm used to but great company all the same. I ate way too much chocolate and sat in the hot tub for a while. We played Apples to Apples which is a lot of fun. My family would enjoy that game, I think. I still think the game Hoopla was amazing fun and is a cooperative game which always appeals to me. We played that at another party. My boyfriend and I were there for over 7 hours. It was nice not to have to run home to bed because I have to work in the morning. Of course, that doesn't mean that I'm not going into work to get stuff done for Tuesday, but it means I don't have to be there at 8 a.m.

My boyfriend decided to run a role-playing game for heroes. Not a lot of gray area between right and wrong. A lot of my games seem to always be in that gray area which makes for interesting role-playing but it gets a bit too real somedays. On occasion it's nice to have an easy choice between right and wrong. Real life doesn't give you that many days. So two of our friends are going to play Earthdawn with me. There might be a fourth player, but we'll see. I'm beginning to really appreciate smaller groups even though there aren't as many skills, the role-playing is a lot more fun.

Oh and the Brat lost his collar when he was gallivanting outside today. I have no idea where it could be but I really don't want to let him out without it. Maybe I could try to follow him, but I don't think I'd be that successful. If I'm outside when he is, he likes to stick close to me or roll over to get a belly rub all the time. When I'm outside, he's not in adventure mode. Hopefully whoever finds it will give me a call as my number is on his tags as is his vet clinics number and his Saskatoon license number although I hope that one isn't used as it might result in a fine for me.

Tomorrow, I'm going to feel the pull of responsibility again and will vacuum the house, do yardwork, put in some overtime, do laundry. If I get all that done early enough, I'll be able to spend the evening on a date. We were reminded of Finding Nemo tonight so I've got a hankering to watch it.

posted under |

1 comments:

neuba said...

I am really looking forward to the game. It has been almost a year since I was involved in a roleplaying game. I kinda miss it.

And I promise that Jeff & I will behave. :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
CURRENT MOON

About Me

My photo
I'm quirky, confident and happy. My friends say I'm generous, warm, reliable, and dependable. My mom, dad, and angel say I'm beautiful. I'm not perfect, but that makes me human.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

    Games We Play

    • Rune Factory Frontier (Wii)
    • Galactrix (DSi)
    • Arkham Asylum (BG)
    • Puerto Rico (BG)
    • Liar's Dice (BG)
    • Smallworld (BG)
    • Agricola (BG)
    • Blue Moon (BG)

    Happenings

    • House renovations
    • D&D with Kaz
    • Playing Eclipse with TWS
    • Preparations for Alien Invasion

    Books On the Go

    • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
    • What to Expect When You're Expecting by Murkoff
    • From the Neck Up by Denise Dreher

Recent Comments